Brian’s Mega Cookies Recipe
So I mentioned during my panel at WordcampMiami today that I have a cookie recipe, which I believe kicks ass. So someone called me out for not having posted said recipe on my blog. So here it is. I’d love it if you guys contributed improvements or feedback. If you know me, you know I have a weakness for chocolate chip cookies.
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks) or margarine – softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 Teaspoons of Cocoa Powder/Ground Chocolate
- 2 & 1/4 Teaspoons Cinnamon Powder
- 2 standard eggs
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Double Chocolate Chips (not quite as bitter as Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Handful of white chocolate chips – (optional but highly recommended)
Heat oven to 375° F.
Stir flour with baking soda, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and salt; set aside.
In large mixer bowl, cream butter with sugar, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla.
Gradually blend dry mixture into creamed mixture.
Stir in chocolate chips (and nuts if you decide to add those, your call really).
Drop by tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake at 375° F for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
Makes about 48 cookies (this is if you make them all small).
Tips & Tricks
I’ve noticed that when I refrigerate the dough, then cook it, they come out better. One idea is to wrap the dough in non-stick wax paper or parchment paper and then roll it up into a log (like those pre-made cookies you buy at the grocery store), then when you are ready, just cut off a couple of cookies and voila!